Add Beauty to your Interiors by Installing Wood And Vinyl Floors
It is no secret that wood flooring looks aesthetically appealing with natural wood grain patterns and ensures easy installation. But before deciding to install this flooring, it is important to understand the different wood flooring options available for interior and exterior spaces. So, let’s learn about the different kinds of wood flooring options available and their unique characteristics.
- Solid Hardwood: Solid hardwood floors made from a single piece of wood having a thickness of 18-20 mm. This kind of floor has a classic appeal that never fades with time. It is long-lasting and requires periodically polished and sanded for restoring its original look. White oak, maple, walnut and mahogany are some of the most popular species of hardwood floor. The only thing to remember while installing the floor is it contracts in dry conditions and swells in moist conditions. Installation is a complex process, therefore only professionals can install the floor in the right manner. Amongst all available varieties of wood floors, it is the most expensive option.
- Engineered hardwood: This hardwood features three or four layers of wood, which is glued together for producing 14 mm thick wide plank flooring. Due to the stringent construction process, it is a more stable product than solid wood and is less prone to damage due to fewer changes in humidity or temperature condition in rooms. It is less expensive than the aforementioned one and comes in myriad styles that one can choose as per his home décor.
- Bamboo Flooring: It comes from bamboo grass stalks prominently found in Asia and is available in a variety of finishes for suiting innumerable décor options. These floors produced by putting high pressure on fibers pressed together. The two main advantages of bamboo floors are they are moisture-resistant and eco-friendly. These floors are soft and even help in reducing noise levels. Though it is a durable kind of flooring, susceptible to scratches and dings.
- Cork Flooring: These floors obtained from the harvest of the bark of the cork oak tree. These kinds of trees are commonly found in Spain, Algeria, Portugal, Tunisia, and Morocco. Some of the major highlights of the wood are it is eco-friendly and imparts a natural look and therefore goes well with every kind of décor. Cork is a hypo-allergenic wood material and even reduces noises from dropping items or traffic. As compared to bamboo and engineered option, it is more expensive.
It is necessary to consider your budget, location, and home décor while choosing the right kind of wood flooring options. Not all floors work well with all kind of décor, therefore many people prefer choosing such floors which are easy to install at any place in house and office. One such option is Vinyl.
Commonly known as vinyl carpet, this kind of flooring comprises different materials sandwiched together for forming a practical, durable and affordable floor covering. Though this flooring product is water-proof, the quality of installation determines the protection it offers against water. These floors last for 5 to 25 years based on the quality of floors, installation technique and maintenance. Just like wood flooring, it is also available in two types: Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) and Vinyl Roll. Let’s discuss their properties one by one:
- Luxury Vinyl Tile: This kind of flooring is designed to provide a look similar to natural flooring options. For this, the real credit goes to the enhanced design capability and technological advances. LVT comes in trendy designs both in plank or tile formats for imitating the looks of wooden planks and tiles. The modular installation process of LVT makes it quick to install that too without removing any furniture from the house or room.
- Vinyl Roll: It is fiberglass- cushioned-backed flooring that comes in flexible, continuous and large sheets. It is easy to find in limitless designs for imparting any space a more refined and natural look. In the present times, the vinyl roll is touted as one of the most affordable flooring options for homeowners. The rolls are 100% phthalate-free with low VOC emissions that contribute towards healthier indoor environments.
It is advisable to seek opinions from experts before choosing any kind of flooring material for your house or office. You can also discuss your requirements with a reputed hardwood flooring store and take the assistance of professionals for deciding the right floor within your